Here is a selection of posts and other links that offer a quick way into my thinking.
Personal creativity, campaigns and talks
- Beuysterous, creative actions for trees
- Graftage, poems and art
- Everyday Ecocide, a campaign calling out examples of eco-blindness in our media and culture
- Some presentations shared on Issuu and Slideshare
About climate change and politics
- A big story about the fossil fuel industry, their misinformation and the state we’re in now – Welcome to the biggest crime that’s ever been committed
- Some pieces on the EU Referendum such as To Listen, To Learn
- You can find other pieces by me like this on Medium
About foresight and the futures of museums
- Seeing museums in 2060 about future scenarios for museums
- The Sociocratic Museum explores a vision for democratic, ecological museums that harness digital tools. Also on code:words on Medium.
- Future Views, imagining the future of cultural learning
- Only Connect: Links to two research papers and an infographic on digital technology, the cultural sector and learning.
About values and evaluation
- The Oikonomic Value of Culture argues that all ways of valuing culture are economic, that we over-emphasise short term monetary returns and need to prioritise slow and ecological impacts.
- A Thrivable Culture Framework as a means of planning and evaluating initiatives
- Compensating for loss about loss of cultural and natural heritage
- Take on the Curriculum an assessment of Gove’s plans for the National Curriculum in England.
- Reflections on home education after 3 years of my daughter refusing to attend secondary school
- Learning on the Edge Outlines the Learning Planet model, promoting learning for an uncertain future.
- Play for Future: Thoughts about Play for a FutureLearn course.
- About young people and life chances
About sustainability in the cultural sector
- Thrivable Culture: Toolkit of workshop ideas for organisations to take action at a time of eco-social crisis.
- About the ethics of oil companies sponsoring culture.
- Green Knowing – research and reading towards a more ecological way of knowing
About coping with change
- To Dwell on our Dreams about myth, reality, story and climate change
- Good grief – about the need to grieve